The Bayou City is a great place to live, work, and play. However, the fast-paced Houston lifestyle can also expose you to all sorts of injury risks, including burn injuries. Burn injuries can arise from a variety of situations — everything from electrical incidents and chemical exposures to vehicle accidents and more.
When another’s negligent actions or product defect causes you to suffer a burn injury, you’re entitled to compensation. A burn injury claim provides a means of covering your medical expenses, therapy costs, lost income, and other damages.
However, filing a burn injury claim and making a strong case requires the support of an experienced burn injury attorney. Hernandez Sunosky LLP is here to help. We will fight for your rights and seek just compensation on your behalf.
Burn injuries can cause severe physical pain, lasting emotional distress, and disruption to daily life. It’s easy to feel lost as you grapple with the trauma and mounting medical bills. But you don’t have to face this journey alone. Contact Hernandez Sunosky LLP today.
What Constitutes a Burn Injury Claim
A burn injury claim is a civil suit that seeks damages when a product defect or another’s negligence causes burn-related injury, pain, and suffering. You can seek compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Therapy or surgical costs
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
It does not stop there, though. You could potentially seek damages for many other kinds of costs as well.
Do I Have a Claim?
Many factors are at play when you file a burn injury claim. However, one of the key aspects of any claim involves proving someone acted negligently or that a product defect contributed to your injury.
An experienced Houston burn injury lawyer from the Hernandez Sunosky LLP team will evaluate the unique circumstances of your case. Then, we will outline your next steps and help you determine the best path forward.
Hernandez Sunosky, LLP: Personal Injury Attorneys
Choosing the right burn injury lawyer is an important first step in obtaining justice. You should consider Hernandez Sunosky LLP because of our:
- Community Ties: We are proud members of the Houston community and pour our all into every case
- Specialized Expertise: We have worked on numerous personal injury cases, which has afforded us unparalleled insight and experience
- Personal Touch: We offer personalized support every step of the way, ensuring your voice is heard
- Risk-Free Representation: Because we operate on a contingency basis, you owe us nothing if we don’t recover in your case
Hernandez Sunosky LLP takes the hassle out of finding a burn injury attorney. We provide knowledge, personalized support, and risk-free representation so you can focus on your recovery.
What to Expect
Every Houston burn injury claim is unique. But most cases involve a few common steps, including:
- Initial Consultation: A meeting where we sit down, listen to your story and evaluate your case
- Investigation: Deep dive to gather important evidence, including medical records, witness testimony, and more
- Negotiation: An attempt to negotiate a just settlement to resolve your case quickly
- Litigation: If negotiations fail, we’re prepared to present you in court
During the negotiation and litigation stages, Hernandez Sunosky LLP ensures you are in the driver’s seat. While we will handle the legal complexities of your case, every settlement offer is presented to you. Ultimately, you decide whether to accept a settlement or take the matter to a judge.
How to Bolster Your Claim
If you’ve suffered a burn injury in Houston, being proactive can make a world of difference in the outcome of your case. You should:
- Seek Medical Attention: A medical provider can document the extent of your injuries
- Document Everything: Take photographs of your injury and where the incident occurred
- Keep the Details of Your Case to Yourself: Don’t discuss the details of your case on social media or in any public forum
- Hire a Burn Injury Lawyer: Partnering with Hernandez Sunosky LLP will ensure you have someone with the experience needed to file a claim
You should also consider documenting your recovery journey in a diary. Include specifics about your pain, the treatments you undergo, and your emotional state. All this information will help us outline the physical, financial, and emotional impacts of your injury.
Counting the Costs
At Hernandez Sunosky LLP, we believe every Houstonian should have access to knowledgeable representation. When you work with us, you won’t pay a dime to your burn injury attorney unless we recover on your behalf because our compensation comes out of your recovery amount.
Let an Experienced Houston Burn Injury Lawyer Guide Your Journey to Recovery
If you’ve suffered a burn injury due to negligence or a product defect, the last thing you should have to worry about is unpaid bills and mounting medical expenses. An experienced burn injury lawyer from Hernandez Sunosky LLP will handle the complexities of your claim so you can keep your focus where it should be: recovery. Contact our office and book a free consultation today. We look forward to evaluating your claim and guiding you on your journey to recovery.